Posts tagged ‘Pokemon’
I have a question: how do you tell when a girl is gay? This may seem like something I should know, and something that would be practically essential to my survival as a lesbian, but I still have no idea. Is it because I have a thing for straight girls? Is it because I’m being too hopeful that all girls are actually a bit gay? Is it because girls ARE becoming more gay? I don’t know. All I know is that I’m very confused all the time.
What I’ve come to understand are that there are a few tell-tale signs of a lesbian, and then also additional clues coupled with one or more of these signs adds additional coverage. Or if the signs aren’t present, but enough clues are, then they are also a lesbian. Here are what I consider signs from what I’ve learned on Effing Dykes and Autostraddle, mostly:
- “Interested In: Women” on Facebook
- Seen making out with another girl, other than at a sorority/fraternity party
- Seen comfortable at a gay club/bar
- Has a “Nobody knows I’m a lezbian” t-shirt
- Girls name other than her mother tattooed on her
- Lip-piercing: this is the most important, apparently
- Fedora: only a non-straw-type fedora, such as felt
- Likes The L Word
- Likes America’s Next Top Model
- Likes Tegan and Sara
- Likes Skins
- Chose the romantic relationship Leliana on Dragon Age: Origins
- Has a huge love for blazers
- Would “go gay” for Angelina Jolie/Keira Knightly/Natalie Portman/Ellen Page/Kristen Stewart/etc.
- Lots o’ plaid in wardrobe
- Loves cats
This is sort of all I have to go on. Maybe there are other ways to tell…but I haven’t found them. Help me please?
Funny thing, friends, is that I didn’t have to ask these questions. I knew that I knew her. I knew we were friends on Facebook. And I knew her full name. She looked like Natalie Portman and Regina Spektor’s baby, and I thought she was probably the most beautiful person I’d ever seen.